Saturday, April 12, 2014

Progress toward DEBT FREE!!!


Car payoff amount the day I started this blog (March 24, 2014):

$17,941.03

Minimum monthly car payment:

$396.68

Car payoff Last Saturday:

$17,148.37

Car payoff amount TODAY:

$16,363.96

Progress toward goal:

In less than one month, I've paid $1600.07 on my car, $396.68 being one regular payment.  So, since I started this blog, I am now $1203.39 ahead of scheduled payments!

Goal:

$0.00 loan balance STAT

Obviously... I am cutting in more areas than just groceries to make this kind of progress.  My cut in grocery budget frees up an extra $200 a month to make traction toward my goals.  I've also cut my personal spending allowance. I cut my own hair this past week (and will home color it too).  Even though I've only budgeted $25 a month for clothing (I shop primarily at thrift stores, except for shoes, and only because I need sneakers that still have a degree of support in the insoles), I have pretty much stopped buying clothing because my closet is full.  I am very tightly watching EVERY penny that comes through my fingers.

Are you making progress on your financial goals?  Share with us what it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment