Sunday, April 13, 2014

Easter Sunday Menu Change

Oops...


Put out the menu and forgot that next Sunday is Easter.  The menu will be ham, asparagus, candied sweet potatoes, and peach pie.  I will make ham pot pie for dinner from leftover ham.

Cost?  I have a much more liberal wallet when it comes to holidays... that is the time to splurge a bit, but I do look for the best buys.  I can tell you that the cheapest hams I could find were at Giant and Aldi's at $1.19 a lb.

My candied sweet potato recipe calls for lots of sugar and butter... Giant also have 1lb of butter for $2.  This is a good stock up price. I have the filling for a peach pie frozen, when I bought seconds this past season.  It tastes just like a fresh peach pie when it is done.  YUMMY.

Happy Easter!

Enjoy the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment