Saturday, April 12, 2014

 Cheap grocery finds today: Originally $70.71.... end total out of pocket $ 27.07. Even if you didn't have the $10 gift card I received purchasing toilet paper a few weeks ago, you could purchase everything here for $37.07.

Much of this food will be used in the coming week(s) menus, and I am aiming for family friendly meal plans and far less repeats, now that I have been able to purchase some foods at reasonable prices to get started.

One of my biggest problems this week is still finding cheap produce (that is ripe).  Aldi's does have pineapples for $1.39. I found bags of navel oranges with 10 oranges, at $3.99 a bag... making each serving 40¢.

Anyway, for $27.07, I had a great haul between Aldi's, Amelia's, and Target

Aldi's:
Fresh sugar snap peas, $2.19
Onion Soup Mix, 79&
whole berry cranberry sauce, 89¢

Amelia's
Oranges, $3.97
3 cans of cranberry sauce, $1

Target...

$13.51 first trip, $4.72 second trip

On the first trip I purchased  using coupons and deals listed below, PLUS the $10 off of $50 PLUS one of the $10 gift cards I have from my toilet paper purchases a few weeks ago):

3 bags of Dove chocolate eggs (coupons. com coupon, and target coupon, plus target cartwheel)
2 tubs of Market Pantry ham lunch meat (target coupon, target cartwheel)
1 lb ground beef (target coupon, target cartwheel)
1 lb stew meat (target coupon, target cartwheel)
2 cans of pineapple tidbits (target coupon, target cartwheel)
3 bags of M&Ms(coupons. com coupon, and target coupon, plus target cartwheel)
2 pork tenderloins (Hormel website coupon $1 off each, plus free Hormel side with purchase)
2 tubs of Hormel sides (1 au gratin potatoes, 1 mashed potatoes) (Hormel coupon)

This cost me : $13.51 PLUS I received a $5 gift card

My second trip cost me: $4.72 PLUS I used the $5 gift card I received my first trip.

2 packages of  just bare chicken breasts (these are antibiotic free, humanely raised)
1=16 oz bottle of Catalina dressing

Ok... here is how to get the deals

Text "grocery"to 827438 to get a $10 off a $50 grocery purchase
Text "sweets" to get a $1 off of 2 bags of Easter Candy
Text "Easter" to get a $5 gift card with $20 worth of Easter candy/basket purchases
Visit www.target.com and click on coupons
Visit www. coupons.com to get additional candy coupons
Visit www.hormel.com to get additional coupons

At Target, you can use a manufacturers coupon AND a target coupon, in effect, "stacking" the coupons.  You can also use Target Cartwheel offers (visit www.target.com) for a additional percentage off, and use a Target credit or debit card to get an addition 5% off of all purchases.

When I checked out, my total was $50.87 the first trip... GIVE THEM THE $10 off of $50 FIRST, then the free $5 gift card with candy purchase.... then proceed with other coupons, mobile coupons, and then finaly target cartwheel.


No comments:

Post a Comment