Saturday, April 26, 2014

Awesome finds at Aldi's and Amelia's today!

One of the areas I struggle with is finding low cost organic dairy OR at the very least, from cows not treated with growth hormone. I have a female issue that is definitely affected by the hormones.

Well, at Amelia's today, I hit the jackpot... 1/2 gallons of Horizon Organic fat free milk at $1.99, and Stoneyfield Farms 4 packs of non fat plain Greek Yogurt for 99¢!

I have never done it before, but I have read multiple times you can freeze milk.  I bought 4 half gallons. I figured at that price, it is worth a try.  The yogurt will be used for breakfast and snacks this week.

Aldi's has some AWESOME produce deals.  Artisan lettuce for $1.49, grape tomatoes for 89¢, baby carrots for 49¢, and cucumbers for 29¢. Also a three pack of peppers for $1.99.  Fresh mushrooms were also 69¢ for an 8 oz pack.  They also have 8 packs of whole grain hamburger rolls and hot dog rolls for $1.29.  I bought some for the freezer, as I find their whole wheat products tend to disappear pretty fast.

After a week of salt and starch, I am ready for some lighter fare!

 I should have some weekly menus out by tomorrow, focusing on what is in my pantry/freezer, and the fresh produce and dairy products I scored today.

No comments:

Post a Comment