Friday, April 18, 2014

Easter Dinner

I am in the process of putting together my Easter Menu.


Lunch:
Ham (Aldi's, 99¢ a pound)
Candied sweet potatoes (3 lb sweet potatoes for $1.19 at Aldi's, butter quarters at Giant for $2 a lb)
Asparagus (need to go buy it yet)
Pickled Red Beets and Eggs (egg 99¢ a dozen at Target, red beets 45¢ from Jerry's several months ago)
Cole Slaw (mom is bringing)
Pineapple Stuffing (pineapple 70¢ a can at Target)
Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting (mom is bringing)

Supper:
PA Dutch Ham Pot Pie.

I nearly had a melt down this am when I ran into my local Giant to pick up my ham (I had no room for it earlier this week when I went to Giant) and the sale price of $1.19 a lb did not come up. It turns out, I would have had to make a $25 purchase to get the ham on sale. I decided this was so outrageous that I left my entire purchase behind.  I came home and sent Giant a letter. I've always hated items that required a $25 purchase to get an item at a certain price, but to me, making the cornerstone piece of many Easter Dinners subject to this was just too much, and I left them know.

At any rate, I did much better at Aldi's after work.

Aldi's also has bags of baby carrots for 49¢ a 1 lb bag, which is a really great price. I stocked up!



No comments:

Post a Comment