Saturday, March 29, 2014

Saturday March 29, 2014

The blog will be "all new" starting tomorrow.

A full weeks menu's will go up on Sunday.  I will provide two of the weeks recipes... one on Monday, one on Tuesday.  I am not a gourmet cook. If something is on the menu before I post the recipe, if you do a google search, you will probably find tons of recipes.

You will find I frequently use homemade yogurt.  Yogurt is very cheap and easy to make, and only take a little hands on time... though it seems intimidating at first.  I do use a commercial yogurt maker to incubate my yogurt, but I use store bought plain yogurt as a starter.

Homemade yogurt is really awesome... you can control the level of sweetness, and the kind of sweetener you use. In addition, I usually add frozen fruit to mine and let the fruit thaw. I typically use 1/2 of the serving the package states is a full serving per one serving of yogurt.  My favorite is frozen black cherries.  Mmm. So good.

I won't go into the instructions to do this... just google how to make homemade yogurt, and you will find plenty of options... and many that don't require any special equipment.

No comments:

Post a Comment